Skip to main content

Curly Hair, What's in There? : Lin-Manuel Miranda

Curly Hair, What's in There? is a segment that will explore the random topics that are always circling my mind, things I want to talk about or things I want to share.

Lin-Manuel Miranda

If you know me, you know how much I love Lin-Manuel Miranda. For you non-nerds out there, Lin is the legendary man best known for writing and starring in the musical Hamilton, and more recently, starring in Mary Poppins Returns.
The beautiful man himself Source
He is an incredibly inspiring man, going from writing his first show, In the Heights, straight out of college while working as a substitute English teacher, to being one of the most famous people on stage and still remaining humble and just generally amazing. He has two adorable children, a hyper intelligent and incredible wife, a very cute dog and generally just the most amazing family ever.

Tobillo Miranda rocking her PR bandana Source
Talking of PR, Lin, who is a Puerto-Rican native, has made incredible strides to help the island nation after the devastation of Hurricane Maria: he has used his platform to make us aware of issues that we can help with, from hurricane relief to planned parenthood, to this speech at the Tony's, following the Orlando nightclub shooting, when Hamilton won literally everything:

Also notice his adorable parents behind him, who are also incredible people in their own right, constantly proud of him and doing more to help him and the issues that are close to his heart. 

So yeah, Lin is the best person in the world. He's incredibly down to earth, insanely talented and just generally adorable. And he's just taking off.
If you're a fan of musicals, he's been on your radar for at least the last four years since Hamilton premiered, eleven if you're really committed and remember In the Heights winning best new musical all the way back in 2008. But for the rest of the world, they're just learning who he is. And if you don't know who he is now, you will soon. 
me basically any time he does anything (Jimmy is my friends when I'm like this)
After his massive support on twitter (he's mad addicted to twitter and basically anything he ever wants to say or share can be found on his feed), he helped Brooklyn 99 to be picked back up at NBC after it was cancelled on Fox, and now, the superfan he is, he is playing a role in the new season, which we are all very excited about.
Only a few months ago he received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in possibly one of the most amazing and moving ceremonies I've ever seen, watch it here if you fancy!

He also had the role of a lifetime, playing the character Jack opposite Emily Blunt's Mary Poppins in the recent sequel:
Jack, Mary, Jane, Ellen, and the Banks children Source
This collaboration with Disney follows his gig writing the music for the movie Moana, as well as being tapped to write music for their upcoming live-action version of The Little Mermaid (a dream come true for a man who loves the original so much he named his eldest son after the crab in it).


And, if that wasn't enough, this teaser has just dropped for BBC's His Dark Materials series:
Which, I understand he is only seen for about a second, but that one second killed me since he's been offline all month and twitter is weird when I don't see him every five tweets or so.

So in summary, Lin-Manuel Miranda is mad talented and I love him and if you don't at least like him by the end of this year, then, like, what are you doing??
if you couldn't already tell 



Don't forget to follow my socials to keep updated: 
twitter : @chwcblog
facebook : Curly Hair, Who Cares
instagram : @chwcblog

Comments

  1. Lin Manuel Miranda has come to grace us with his beauty and his amazingness! I am forever indebted to my best friend for introducing me to the world of musicals and taking to to see In the Heights! I agree with every single point said in this 'why Lin is incredible' essay!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Curly Cooks: Victoria Sponge

Since we're all stuck inside for lockdown, many people are currently baking to pass the time, including me! So, Curly Cooks is a series on the various items that I'm making while on lockdown, most of which will carry personal stories. Today's recipe is the simplest of simple British bakes: Victoria Sponge. Curly Cooks: Victoria Sponge Everyone knows and loves victoria sponge: it's a classic afternoon tea staple, and if you've never made it, now is the time! It's super easy and it's an instant crowd pleaser. Let's get into it. Jump to recipe First, gather your ingredients: In order: sugar, margarine, vanilla extract, baking powder, eggs, self-raising flour Measuring the ingredients is easy, if you don't know the exact amounts, or if you want to increase or decrease the quantity, then weigh the eggs, and use about the same weight of everything else. For example, my four eggs weighed around 235g: So minus the

Curly Cooks: Booboos

Since we're all stuck inside for lockdown, many people are currently baking to pass the time, including me! So, Curly Cooks is a series on the various items that I'm making while on lockdown, most of which will carry personal stories. Today's recipe is one I invented as a child: Booboos. Curly Cooks: Booboos Jump to recipe When I was younger, I used to enjoy watching my mum bake all manner of sweet treats for my brother and me. At maybe three years old, I decided to invent a recipe of my own, which ended up being named Booboos. Now as a three year old I obviously didn't understand the necessities and intricacies of baking, so I just wrote a bunch of random baking words that I knew and my mum interpreted it to create these biscuits. This is my original recipe card:  Shocking penmanship and spelling I know, and a flawless method. If you can't read my handwriting (unsurprising tbh), it says Resapy for Boo

Curly Hair, Been There: Disneyland Paris

Curly Hair, Been There is a segment that explore the different places in the world I have been, and my experiences there.  Disneyland Paris So, anyone that knows me, knows that I'm a huge Disney fan. Like, massive. I own all 55 of the movies  on DVD or Blu-ray, as well as all 20 Pixar films. I. Love. Disney. So, it should come as no surprise that I've been to Disneyland a lot of times. I went for my 21st birthday, and as a part of this amazing gift I also received an annual pass to the Paris parks and two nights in the Disneyland Hotel (you know, the one that overlooks the park). So, since then, I have been back to the park three times, the most recent of which I shared on my blog's story. So, this blog is an overview of that day, and includes some tips for getting the most out of your Disneyland Paris experience. First off, I should have gone earlier. With an annual pass you can experience Magic Hours anytime, even if you aren't staying in