Skip to main content

Curly Hair, What to Wear: Primark's face mask

This segment is going to be committed to fashion, makeup and, of course, the endless joys of naturally curly hair. I'll post looks, tips, and anything else that comes into my head on this subject.
Primark's Blueberry Bubble Mask

Using Primark's Bubble Face Mask

Today I decided to try this face mask that I've had in the cupboard since about Christmas. I had a nice long shower, relaxed and then spread it across my face.
The first thing I noticed was the smell. It smelled amazing, so fruity and refreshing. As soon as I opened the packet and got it on my face it started bubbling up. I spread it all over, got it in my hair but I didn't mind, that always happens!
When I first put on the mask
It started bubbling up pretty fast. I had some areas that were less covered so I tried topping them up but it just spread around the bubbles that were already there and kind of ruined the area (see under my left eye). Despite this, it felt good and I could see, and hear, the bubbles growing on my face.

After about ten minutes, I looked more like this:
A lot more bubbly, and struggling to breathe with how much it had grown up my nose! Looking like a bit of a madman but I could feel it working.
After the recommended 15 minutes, I went to wash it off, which is where I started having problems: it was very sticky.
Time to wash off (see also: B99 tee and very messy bathroom lol)
It had gone on my hair, which ended up feeling sticky, and I scraped the bubbles off to have a very sticky face underneath. I had to scrub it for a while in order to make it smooth, but when I managed it, my skin did feel very soft.

I would recommend this if you want a fun, cheap face mask experience. It's not as good as some of the other face masks I have tried from Primark, like the peel off ones, or the sheet ones- I'd recommend the K-Pop sheet cloud mask over this one if you want a bubble mask. I was, of course going to avoid a peel-off, not wanting to lose any more of my eyebrows, but those do always feel good. From Primark, I'd recommend this charcoal one which I've used a couple of times and is always fun.

Overall, it was a good facemask for 80p. My skin does feel lovely and soft now, even though it took a bit of washing off the stickiness to get there. For the cheap price it is, it's the quality I've come to expect from Primark- not amazing but does the job for the price I paid.


Don't forget to follow my socials to keep updated: 
twitter : @chwcblog
facebook : Curly Hair, Who Cares
instagram : @chwcblog

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Curly Cooks: Victoria Sponge

Since we're all stuck inside for lockdown, many people are currently baking to pass the time, including me! So, Curly Cooks is a series on the various items that I'm making while on lockdown, most of which will carry personal stories. Today's recipe is the simplest of simple British bakes: Victoria Sponge. Curly Cooks: Victoria Sponge Everyone knows and loves victoria sponge: it's a classic afternoon tea staple, and if you've never made it, now is the time! It's super easy and it's an instant crowd pleaser. Let's get into it. Jump to recipe First, gather your ingredients: In order: sugar, margarine, vanilla extract, baking powder, eggs, self-raising flour Measuring the ingredients is easy, if you don't know the exact amounts, or if you want to increase or decrease the quantity, then weigh the eggs, and use about the same weight of everything else. For example, my four eggs weighed around 235g: So minus the

Curly Cooks: Booboos

Since we're all stuck inside for lockdown, many people are currently baking to pass the time, including me! So, Curly Cooks is a series on the various items that I'm making while on lockdown, most of which will carry personal stories. Today's recipe is one I invented as a child: Booboos. Curly Cooks: Booboos Jump to recipe When I was younger, I used to enjoy watching my mum bake all manner of sweet treats for my brother and me. At maybe three years old, I decided to invent a recipe of my own, which ended up being named Booboos. Now as a three year old I obviously didn't understand the necessities and intricacies of baking, so I just wrote a bunch of random baking words that I knew and my mum interpreted it to create these biscuits. This is my original recipe card:  Shocking penmanship and spelling I know, and a flawless method. If you can't read my handwriting (unsurprising tbh), it says Resapy for Boo

Curly Hair, Been There: Disneyland Paris

Curly Hair, Been There is a segment that explore the different places in the world I have been, and my experiences there.  Disneyland Paris So, anyone that knows me, knows that I'm a huge Disney fan. Like, massive. I own all 55 of the movies  on DVD or Blu-ray, as well as all 20 Pixar films. I. Love. Disney. So, it should come as no surprise that I've been to Disneyland a lot of times. I went for my 21st birthday, and as a part of this amazing gift I also received an annual pass to the Paris parks and two nights in the Disneyland Hotel (you know, the one that overlooks the park). So, since then, I have been back to the park three times, the most recent of which I shared on my blog's story. So, this blog is an overview of that day, and includes some tips for getting the most out of your Disneyland Paris experience. First off, I should have gone earlier. With an annual pass you can experience Magic Hours anytime, even if you aren't staying in