Skip to main content

Curly Hair, What to Wear: Why the Hell did I do that???


This segment is going to be committed to fashion, makeup and, of course, the endless joys of naturally curly hair. I'll post looks, tips, and anything else that comes into my head on this subject.

Why the Hell did I do that???

I could have written my first instalment of this blog about anything. My favourite outfits, my amazing makeup box, posted pictures of myself looking pretty. And I won't deny that I can look pretty when I want to, I have plenty of things like that that I could post, but that's not the real, true, genuine me. So, the (slightly) crazy person that I am, I've decided to share this embarrassing, entertaining, ridiculous story that definitely sums me up pretty well.

So, people that know me know that I’m normally pretty proud of my appearance. I don't generally need to wear a lot of makeup but when I do, I go all out. I'm also pretty proud of my eyebrows. Surprising if you've seen me recently. (The header pic is what I/they naturally look like).


Those of you who know me also know that I get easily stressed, and very easily bored. Yeah, I have a very short attention span, and if you know me well you've probably been ignored by me a lot (sorry). So, I have a few ticks when I get bored or stressed, most of them normal, like biting my nails, tapping my fingers, playing with my hair, things like that. The worst one is pulling at my hair.


I don't pull at the hair on my head like normal people, no, I'll pull at the longer, tempting hairs on my arms or the side of my face. Yesterday, I decided that my eyebrows were the perfect place to relieve the tension. You know when you get that one hair that's sticking out, twisting a bit, kinda starts hurting? No, just me? Well I was suffering from that? Took me a few pulls to get it but boy was it satisfying when I did. By this point, any normal person would have stopped, right? Not me. My monkey brain told me to keep going and keep going; pull hair from eyebrow relax, will look good not awful. This was the god-awful result:

My eyebrow disaster

Yeah. Not good. I immediately sent this picture to my friends, who told me off (a lot). I sent it to my boyfriend, who laughed at it for a good five minutes. I'm a proper idiot, no need to remind me.

I would have been so lost had I not had the best eyebrow pencil I've ever had: Flormar's brow sculpting duo (pls sponsor me lol). Flormar is an incredible brand I discovered while I was living in Spain (oh yeah, that's a thing I did-- more to come on that later) and this eyebrow pen was life-changing. I went from looking like this deranged idiot with half eyebrows, to this slightly improved version:
Better? Also shout out to Sony for the best headphones I've ever had (worth a shot)

...all in the space of about five minutes. 

So, for now, I'll be going round looking like an eyebrow-less fool, even with this wonderful pencil at my disposal. 

In the meantime, if anyone has any suggestions on how to make eyebrows grow faster, please let me know in the comments!! (please I'm desperate)


Don't forget to follow my socials to keep updated: 
twitter : @chwcblog
facebook : Curly Hair, Who Cares
instagram : @chwcblog

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Curly Cooks: Victoria Sponge

Since we're all stuck inside for lockdown, many people are currently baking to pass the time, including me! So, Curly Cooks is a series on the various items that I'm making while on lockdown, most of which will carry personal stories. Today's recipe is the simplest of simple British bakes: Victoria Sponge. Curly Cooks: Victoria Sponge Everyone knows and loves victoria sponge: it's a classic afternoon tea staple, and if you've never made it, now is the time! It's super easy and it's an instant crowd pleaser. Let's get into it. Jump to recipe First, gather your ingredients: In order: sugar, margarine, vanilla extract, baking powder, eggs, self-raising flour Measuring the ingredients is easy, if you don't know the exact amounts, or if you want to increase or decrease the quantity, then weigh the eggs, and use about the same weight of everything else. For example, my four eggs weighed around 235g: So minus the

Curly Cooks: Booboos

Since we're all stuck inside for lockdown, many people are currently baking to pass the time, including me! So, Curly Cooks is a series on the various items that I'm making while on lockdown, most of which will carry personal stories. Today's recipe is one I invented as a child: Booboos. Curly Cooks: Booboos Jump to recipe When I was younger, I used to enjoy watching my mum bake all manner of sweet treats for my brother and me. At maybe three years old, I decided to invent a recipe of my own, which ended up being named Booboos. Now as a three year old I obviously didn't understand the necessities and intricacies of baking, so I just wrote a bunch of random baking words that I knew and my mum interpreted it to create these biscuits. This is my original recipe card:  Shocking penmanship and spelling I know, and a flawless method. If you can't read my handwriting (unsurprising tbh), it says Resapy for Boo

Curly Hair, Been There: Disneyland Paris

Curly Hair, Been There is a segment that explore the different places in the world I have been, and my experiences there.  Disneyland Paris So, anyone that knows me, knows that I'm a huge Disney fan. Like, massive. I own all 55 of the movies  on DVD or Blu-ray, as well as all 20 Pixar films. I. Love. Disney. So, it should come as no surprise that I've been to Disneyland a lot of times. I went for my 21st birthday, and as a part of this amazing gift I also received an annual pass to the Paris parks and two nights in the Disneyland Hotel (you know, the one that overlooks the park). So, since then, I have been back to the park three times, the most recent of which I shared on my blog's story. So, this blog is an overview of that day, and includes some tips for getting the most out of your Disneyland Paris experience. First off, I should have gone earlier. With an annual pass you can experience Magic Hours anytime, even if you aren't staying in