Skip to main content

Avengers: Endgame

Right so I've seen Endgame twice now and I have a lot of thoughts. Since I'm not a monster, I am going to respect the two week no spoiler rule. Since it came out last week, I'll be waiting until the end of next week to post anything with spoilers in it. Aren't I nice? So this is just going to be a totally neutral, spoiler-free review, and over the next few weeks I'll break down different bits of the film and my thoughts about them, since there is a LOT of ground to cover.

Endgame: Spoiler-free Review
The packed poster

I mean, first off, if you haven't yet seen the biggest movie in the world, you either care about nothing or you're not committed enough to the most ambitious and impressive saga in cinema history. Both are terrible, but worry not, because as much as I'm judging you, you won't get any spoilers here. Although, if you are either of those two types of people, you're probably not reading this. Anyway.

This movie is just over three hours long, which sounds ridiculous, but when you're a nerd like me and you're used to sitting through five hours (looking at you Peter Jackson) then it's ok. And when it's full of action and heartwarming and funny, it doesn't feel like three long hours that you'll never get back (we all know that Batman vs Superman was a waste of time don't pretend you liked it). Honestly, I could have sat through another hour of that, because as a whole, the film was so perfect.
Hands in
To skim over the plot, it directly follows Infinity War, at the end of which, that scoundrel Thanos snapped his fingers and half of all life was destroyed. All life being people and animals from all over the universe. What a madman. As we know, a lot of the Avengers disappeared, conveniently not the original main ones.
The OG Team
So, at the start of this movie, we see them trying to deal with their loss, what just happened and what to do next. With Captain Marvel now at their side, they take the fight into their few hands and take action. I can't really say much more without giving away loads, but what I will say is that the events that ensue are crazy and amazing and overall the best thing an Avengers movie could have ever done.
"Hands up who's been to space before?"
In true Marvel style, the movie is entertaining in every way. It has you smiling, laughing out loud, to shocked, on the edge of your seat, to sobbing and watching through your fingers, and back to laughing, and I loved that. It keeps you engaged all the way through and the overall structure of the film is pretty perfect. There are a couple of things I take issue with, but I'll probably do a post just for that.

The film is action-packed, surprising, incredibly well thought out, and the ending is simultaneously the best and worst thing to ever happen in the MCU. Either way, you'll be drained and crying and happier than you've ever been by the end. It's the most perfect ending it could have been, and honestly I can't believe that all of that happened.

Eleven years after it started, with the first Iron Man movie, and through twenty two films, the Infinity arc has come to an end, in the most perfect way. It is such an incredible feat, that they managed to keep so many millions of people engaged all the way through, and made that fanbase grow so much, and finish the story over a decade later, with such an amazing slate of stories and characters all coming together to one point.
I remember when the show Agents of Shield first started, and they would say "it's all connected", and I was excited to see an Asgardian character in an episode. Back then I could have never dreamed of such an ambitious crossover, with almost every character we've encountered in the MCU in the same fight. 

I honestly can't express enough how amazing this series, and this particular film, is, and I take my hat off to Kevin Feige and the Russo Bros for this achievement. Of course, we can't forget the biggest influence in all of this, the legendary Stan Lee, may he rest in peace, who I'm sure would be ecstatic to see how incredible this universe has become.

Like I said, having now seen it twice, I have a lot of opinions and feelings, so I will be constantly posting different reviews and breakdowns, so look forward to those. And, if you haven't seen it, well what are you doing???

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Curly Cooks: Victoria Sponge

Since we're all stuck inside for lockdown, many people are currently baking to pass the time, including me! So, Curly Cooks is a series on the various items that I'm making while on lockdown, most of which will carry personal stories. Today's recipe is the simplest of simple British bakes: Victoria Sponge. Curly Cooks: Victoria Sponge Everyone knows and loves victoria sponge: it's a classic afternoon tea staple, and if you've never made it, now is the time! It's super easy and it's an instant crowd pleaser. Let's get into it. Jump to recipe First, gather your ingredients: In order: sugar, margarine, vanilla extract, baking powder, eggs, self-raising flour Measuring the ingredients is easy, if you don't know the exact amounts, or if you want to increase or decrease the quantity, then weigh the eggs, and use about the same weight of everything else. For example, my four eggs weighed around 235g: So minus the

Curly Cooks: Booboos

Since we're all stuck inside for lockdown, many people are currently baking to pass the time, including me! So, Curly Cooks is a series on the various items that I'm making while on lockdown, most of which will carry personal stories. Today's recipe is one I invented as a child: Booboos. Curly Cooks: Booboos Jump to recipe When I was younger, I used to enjoy watching my mum bake all manner of sweet treats for my brother and me. At maybe three years old, I decided to invent a recipe of my own, which ended up being named Booboos. Now as a three year old I obviously didn't understand the necessities and intricacies of baking, so I just wrote a bunch of random baking words that I knew and my mum interpreted it to create these biscuits. This is my original recipe card:  Shocking penmanship and spelling I know, and a flawless method. If you can't read my handwriting (unsurprising tbh), it says Resapy for Boo

Curly Hair, Been There: Disneyland Paris

Curly Hair, Been There is a segment that explore the different places in the world I have been, and my experiences there.  Disneyland Paris So, anyone that knows me, knows that I'm a huge Disney fan. Like, massive. I own all 55 of the movies  on DVD or Blu-ray, as well as all 20 Pixar films. I. Love. Disney. So, it should come as no surprise that I've been to Disneyland a lot of times. I went for my 21st birthday, and as a part of this amazing gift I also received an annual pass to the Paris parks and two nights in the Disneyland Hotel (you know, the one that overlooks the park). So, since then, I have been back to the park three times, the most recent of which I shared on my blog's story. So, this blog is an overview of that day, and includes some tips for getting the most out of your Disneyland Paris experience. First off, I should have gone earlier. With an annual pass you can experience Magic Hours anytime, even if you aren't staying in