Skip to main content

Curly Hair, Been There: Disneyland Paris Summer of Superheroes

If you didn't already know, I live in Paris and I love all things Disney. So, naturally, I have an annual pass and go up there as much as I can. This summer, it's all things Marvel! I went yesterday to check out #StudioHero and review all of the super festivities (get it??)

Disneyland Paris: Summer of Superheroes

All of the superhero stuff is in the Studios Park, rather than the main park, but it's still really cool. You walk in and the first thing you see, before walking through the studio, is this massive Captain Marvel Statue: 

And that's just the start. In the production courtyard, there are three more huge statues, of:
The Hulk

Black Panther



And Iron Man.
It's pretty cool to see all of this, and exciting to see your favourite heroes but bigger and better. 

The decor isn't the end of the fun though!

There's the opportunity to meet three big heroes: Captain Marvel, Captain America, and Spiderman. I met Captains Marvel and America, because I met Spiderman back in February, not part of this special season:
Me n Spidey
It was really fun meeting Captain America, he was a really cool dude and he let me hold his shield while he wrote me his autograph. At this point I made a joke about Endgame, but nobody laughed so it was either in terrible taste, they didn't hear me, or I just straight up spoiled it for Captain America himself (but he lived it)! Anyway, I liked how they said relevant stuff, like when I left he said stay out of trouble, and saluted. It was awesome:
Me n Cap
I also met Captain Marvel, who was lovely. I was already excited even though I had to wait in a long queue, and seeing this in the line made me even more so:
Goose the cat/flerken
When it was finally my turn she was SO nice and said very Carol Danvers things, like I told her she was inspirational and when I left she said "higher further faster", it was great. She looked a lot like her as well, and overall it's just such a good idea to let us meet our heroes, whether we're kids or adults like me.
Me n the other Cap
But that's not it! They hadn't revamped any of the rides like I had hoped, but they did have some extra special food. They had themed food carts where you could buy food themed by your favourite Avengers, like Spiderman:
Unfortunately they'd run out of these when I went to get one
And Groot:
For a tree, he was delicious
They also (I know, there's more and Disney are straight up the best) had three different shows. One was a Guardians of the Galaxy Dance Off show, where Gamora and Peter came out with a situation and the only way to resolve it was for everyone to dance to save them. It was kind of cheesy and silly, but it was actually kind of fun and the music was good. It was generally very in keeping with the Guardians' tone. Unfortunately I didn't get any good pics of it but trust me when I say it was cool. 
Another show was the "Stark Expo", which started off as a simple, well, Stark Expo, but it got taken over by Red Skull and Loki who were stealing the Tesseract. It had those two plus Natasha (Black Widow), Peter (Spiderman), Thor and Carol (Captain Marvel). I didn't fully get it because it was all in french, and I was watching it in the rain while waiting for Captain America, but from what I saw and heard it was pretty cool.
My pic isn't great but you can vaguely see Thor and Loki there
The last show I got to see was the Superheroes United show. This was spectacular. I couldn't take pictures during the show because it was all inside, and on the stage, but trust me when I say it was truly marvellous. The story was a little confused, mixing a lot of different arcs and characters, and it was also in a mix of french and english, which wasn't the most logical way to do a show, I think maybe they should have done some shows just in english and some just in french, because it was a little jarring. I did really enjoy the show despite all of that.
The stage
The choreography was amazing, it really looked like they were all fighting, and I enjoyed the effects, with smoke and pyrotechnics, with the wires, like Iron Man flying in and Spidey hanging upside down at the end. It was really cool how they dealt with Hulk and Doctor Strange. Hulk got angry behind a wall, onto which was then projected an image of Hulk, who scared away all the baddies. Doctor Strange was actually behind a screen, but it was very subtle so you could still see him, and his sorcerer images were projected in front of him to make it look like he was making them. There were a lot of characters, as demonstrated on the walls before it began:
Captain America, Iron Man, Black Panther, Black Widow, Spiderman, Thor, Hulk, Doctor Strange, and Scarlet Witch, who is missing from that display, were all included in the show, as well as Thanos and Nebula.
The show was impressive and it was a great end to a great day celebrating some of my favourite characters.

The Summer of Superheroes event is on until June 16, so you still have time to check it out!

Don't forget to follow my socials to keep updated: 
twitter : @chwcblog
facebook : Curly Hair, Who Cares
instagram : @chwcblog

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Curly Cooks: Victoria Sponge

Since we're all stuck inside for lockdown, many people are currently baking to pass the time, including me! So, Curly Cooks is a series on the various items that I'm making while on lockdown, most of which will carry personal stories. Today's recipe is the simplest of simple British bakes: Victoria Sponge. Curly Cooks: Victoria Sponge Everyone knows and loves victoria sponge: it's a classic afternoon tea staple, and if you've never made it, now is the time! It's super easy and it's an instant crowd pleaser. Let's get into it. Jump to recipe First, gather your ingredients: In order: sugar, margarine, vanilla extract, baking powder, eggs, self-raising flour Measuring the ingredients is easy, if you don't know the exact amounts, or if you want to increase or decrease the quantity, then weigh the eggs, and use about the same weight of everything else. For example, my four eggs weighed around 235g: So minus the

Curly Cooks: Booboos

Since we're all stuck inside for lockdown, many people are currently baking to pass the time, including me! So, Curly Cooks is a series on the various items that I'm making while on lockdown, most of which will carry personal stories. Today's recipe is one I invented as a child: Booboos. Curly Cooks: Booboos Jump to recipe When I was younger, I used to enjoy watching my mum bake all manner of sweet treats for my brother and me. At maybe three years old, I decided to invent a recipe of my own, which ended up being named Booboos. Now as a three year old I obviously didn't understand the necessities and intricacies of baking, so I just wrote a bunch of random baking words that I knew and my mum interpreted it to create these biscuits. This is my original recipe card:  Shocking penmanship and spelling I know, and a flawless method. If you can't read my handwriting (unsurprising tbh), it says Resapy for Boo

Curly Hair, Been There: Disneyland Paris

Curly Hair, Been There is a segment that explore the different places in the world I have been, and my experiences there.  Disneyland Paris So, anyone that knows me, knows that I'm a huge Disney fan. Like, massive. I own all 55 of the movies  on DVD or Blu-ray, as well as all 20 Pixar films. I. Love. Disney. So, it should come as no surprise that I've been to Disneyland a lot of times. I went for my 21st birthday, and as a part of this amazing gift I also received an annual pass to the Paris parks and two nights in the Disneyland Hotel (you know, the one that overlooks the park). So, since then, I have been back to the park three times, the most recent of which I shared on my blog's story. So, this blog is an overview of that day, and includes some tips for getting the most out of your Disneyland Paris experience. First off, I should have gone earlier. With an annual pass you can experience Magic Hours anytime, even if you aren't staying in