Skip to main content

Curly Hair, Been There: New York City (Part Three)

Curly Hair, Been There is a segment that explore the different places in the world I have been, and my experiences there. I recently went on holiday to New York and over the next few weeks I'm going to share all the cool things I did while I was there. Since I was there for a week, this is going to be a seven part series, a post for each day. Day Three awaits!


Curly Hair, Been There: New York City (Part Three)

Wednesday was possibly the best day, because it was the day I went to Broadway. Okay, I know I went to Broadway on Tuesday, but this time was better because I actually saw a show and it was amazing.

The show wasn't until 2pm, so the day started slow since we had such a busy day on Tuesday. We got a cheeky Dunkin' Donut and I got this insane frozen coffee:
This was a MEDIUM
It was very tasty, but an unmentionable number of calories (it was 900). We headed up towards broadway on the subway and stopped at Rockerfeller Center for some sightseeing.
We saw the nice flags and statue in the plaza:

As well as the Atlas Statue:

And NBC Studios:

And Radio City Music Hall:

And by then it was about time for the show. Buzzing, I headed to the Lyceum theatre and waited patiently (jk I was NOT patient) to be let into the auditorium. My view (pictured at the top) was awesome, and the show was just incredible. 
Being in the balcony, I had a few stairs to walk up, and they had these cool posters of lyrics from the show on each floor:



The show: Oh My God, it was amazing. I've listened to the cast recording many times, but nothing is the same as actually seeing those actors performing in front of you. The main actors, Will Roland; George Salazar; Stephanie Hsu, to name just a few, were unbelievably good. Like, I couldn't get over how much they brought to the roles and how much energy they had. You guys know I love the theatre, and shows, and I've seen many musicals on stage, but this was something else. I loved it. 

Following the show, we went and did some more touristing. Namely, the Nintendo store, which was super cool. Here are some pics:
I got this cute lil Kirby bc he is baby

The checkout counter was cute
It's a Mario





The bag they gave me was pretty cool too
The last thing we did was go get dinner. Being hungry and tired, we just went to TGI on 5th avenue, just round the corner from where we were. Our amazing dinner:
I think am enjoying my chips
Show day was a great day, and it was nice that it was a bit more chill (lol) and relaxed.

My post for Thursday will be up next week, so make sure to follow my socials to keep updated!
twitter : @chwcblog

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Curly Cooks: Victoria Sponge

Since we're all stuck inside for lockdown, many people are currently baking to pass the time, including me! So, Curly Cooks is a series on the various items that I'm making while on lockdown, most of which will carry personal stories. Today's recipe is the simplest of simple British bakes: Victoria Sponge. Curly Cooks: Victoria Sponge Everyone knows and loves victoria sponge: it's a classic afternoon tea staple, and if you've never made it, now is the time! It's super easy and it's an instant crowd pleaser. Let's get into it. Jump to recipe First, gather your ingredients: In order: sugar, margarine, vanilla extract, baking powder, eggs, self-raising flour Measuring the ingredients is easy, if you don't know the exact amounts, or if you want to increase or decrease the quantity, then weigh the eggs, and use about the same weight of everything else. For example, my four eggs weighed around 235g: So minus the

Curly Cooks: Booboos

Since we're all stuck inside for lockdown, many people are currently baking to pass the time, including me! So, Curly Cooks is a series on the various items that I'm making while on lockdown, most of which will carry personal stories. Today's recipe is one I invented as a child: Booboos. Curly Cooks: Booboos Jump to recipe When I was younger, I used to enjoy watching my mum bake all manner of sweet treats for my brother and me. At maybe three years old, I decided to invent a recipe of my own, which ended up being named Booboos. Now as a three year old I obviously didn't understand the necessities and intricacies of baking, so I just wrote a bunch of random baking words that I knew and my mum interpreted it to create these biscuits. This is my original recipe card:  Shocking penmanship and spelling I know, and a flawless method. If you can't read my handwriting (unsurprising tbh), it says Resapy for Boo

Curly Hair, Been There: Disneyland Paris

Curly Hair, Been There is a segment that explore the different places in the world I have been, and my experiences there.  Disneyland Paris So, anyone that knows me, knows that I'm a huge Disney fan. Like, massive. I own all 55 of the movies  on DVD or Blu-ray, as well as all 20 Pixar films. I. Love. Disney. So, it should come as no surprise that I've been to Disneyland a lot of times. I went for my 21st birthday, and as a part of this amazing gift I also received an annual pass to the Paris parks and two nights in the Disneyland Hotel (you know, the one that overlooks the park). So, since then, I have been back to the park three times, the most recent of which I shared on my blog's story. So, this blog is an overview of that day, and includes some tips for getting the most out of your Disneyland Paris experience. First off, I should have gone earlier. With an annual pass you can experience Magic Hours anytime, even if you aren't staying in