Skip to main content

Curly Hair, Been There: New York City (Part Seven)

Curly Hair, Been There is a segment that explore the different places in the world I have been, and my experiences there. I recently went on holiday to New York and over the last few weeks I've shared all the cool things I did while I was there. Since I was there for a week, this is a seven part series, a post for each day, plus I'll add the last day to this since it was kinda dull. Sunday was amazing and here's why:

Curly Hair, Been There: New York City (Part Seven)

Sunday was possibly my second favourite day (after broadway of course) since this was the day we went to the Central Park Zoo. I love a zoo and this one was particularly fun. Pretty much the whole day was the zoo.

Rather than describe it all, I’m just gonna show you all these cool pics :
a terrible picture of a snow monkey

i like penguins
 And some more animals which I can't entirely remember what they all are:







RED PANDA IS CUTE
Here's some shockingly bad pics of me making frens and enjoying the art outside the penguin enclosure:





And some videos:



We had another walk through central park after, where we spent about half an hour trying to get a picture with Balto, because kids have no respect and kept jumping on him and not waiting for other people to have their turn. I was getting irate and annoyed with the kids, and it took at least three different attempts to get this picture :
It was a super fun day seeing all the animals and walking through the park. It’s expensive but it’s worth it. compared to the Barcelona Zoo, which is 20€ in the middle of their big park, the Central Park Zoo’s $20 fee is much more justified because it’s bigger and they have a red panda which i died over.
We also had a lot of fun in the 'children's zoo' :



I’d definitely recommend the zoo and the park, as a chill and an enjoyable day.

Monday
When Monday came, it was time to go home, but our flight wasn’t til 9pm so we went to IHOP for breakfast:

and walked around Brooklyn and Queens for a bit before getting the Long Island Expressway to the airport. We sat around in the airport for a few hours and that was that, we were on our way home after an amazing week spent in possibly my new favourite city in the world.


Follow my socials to keep updated on further posts!
twitter : @chwcblog
instagram@chwcblog_

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Curly Cooks: Victoria Sponge

Since we're all stuck inside for lockdown, many people are currently baking to pass the time, including me! So, Curly Cooks is a series on the various items that I'm making while on lockdown, most of which will carry personal stories. Today's recipe is the simplest of simple British bakes: Victoria Sponge. Curly Cooks: Victoria Sponge Everyone knows and loves victoria sponge: it's a classic afternoon tea staple, and if you've never made it, now is the time! It's super easy and it's an instant crowd pleaser. Let's get into it. Jump to recipe First, gather your ingredients: In order: sugar, margarine, vanilla extract, baking powder, eggs, self-raising flour Measuring the ingredients is easy, if you don't know the exact amounts, or if you want to increase or decrease the quantity, then weigh the eggs, and use about the same weight of everything else. For example, my four eggs weighed around 235g: So minus the

Curly Cooks: Booboos

Since we're all stuck inside for lockdown, many people are currently baking to pass the time, including me! So, Curly Cooks is a series on the various items that I'm making while on lockdown, most of which will carry personal stories. Today's recipe is one I invented as a child: Booboos. Curly Cooks: Booboos Jump to recipe When I was younger, I used to enjoy watching my mum bake all manner of sweet treats for my brother and me. At maybe three years old, I decided to invent a recipe of my own, which ended up being named Booboos. Now as a three year old I obviously didn't understand the necessities and intricacies of baking, so I just wrote a bunch of random baking words that I knew and my mum interpreted it to create these biscuits. This is my original recipe card:  Shocking penmanship and spelling I know, and a flawless method. If you can't read my handwriting (unsurprising tbh), it says Resapy for Boo

Curly Hair, Been There: Disneyland Paris

Curly Hair, Been There is a segment that explore the different places in the world I have been, and my experiences there.  Disneyland Paris So, anyone that knows me, knows that I'm a huge Disney fan. Like, massive. I own all 55 of the movies  on DVD or Blu-ray, as well as all 20 Pixar films. I. Love. Disney. So, it should come as no surprise that I've been to Disneyland a lot of times. I went for my 21st birthday, and as a part of this amazing gift I also received an annual pass to the Paris parks and two nights in the Disneyland Hotel (you know, the one that overlooks the park). So, since then, I have been back to the park three times, the most recent of which I shared on my blog's story. So, this blog is an overview of that day, and includes some tips for getting the most out of your Disneyland Paris experience. First off, I should have gone earlier. With an annual pass you can experience Magic Hours anytime, even if you aren't staying in