Skip to main content

Curly Hair, Been There: New York City (Part Six)

Curly Hair, Been There is a segment that explore the different places in the world I have been, and my experiences there. I recently went on holiday to New York and over the next few weeks I'm going to share all the cool things I did while I was there. Since I was there for a week, this is going to be a seven part series, a post for each day. Saturday was great fun.

Curly Hair, Been There: New York City (Part Six)

Saturday was another fairly chill day. we went to the New York Public Library first thing, to see the original Winnie the Pooh toys, which were so cute and amazing to see.
If you didn’t know, I adore Winnie the Pooh. It was a big, pretty building, in which the A.A. Milne box was the highlight. This was in the children’s library though, and I don’t think children are going to appreciate these as much as adults are. Although, they are trying to keep the stories alive over the generations so maybe they do care.
Anyway, that was super cool and I would 10/10 recommend, and the building itself was also pretty impressive :


After a nice walk through Central Park, exploring
A Hamilton statue
and dealing with the heat,
Why did I wear jeans in 29c
we went to the Guggenheim museum in the afternoon. While it was all kind of weird modern art, the building itself was very impressive and cool to look at, and the decor was nice :
I took some pictures of some fun art that I enjoyed:






I also had a lot of fun spying on Connor from different heights :
I'm pretty sure the people on the level below him were creeped out by me

We had dinner at Taco Bell
and then headed home. Well, we tried to head home, but Saturday was the day of the big power outage, which happened while we were trying to get home.


We managed to get off at a station where the entrance we needed was closed, so we decided to walk to the next one, where they told us that the power outage was affecting the subway system. It was weird since we had no idea it was happening, but looking it up on the taxi ride home, it was huge and affected Times Square, as well as Broadway, more than anything else. Lots of shows were cancelled that night and the outage in general seemed to cause calamity in the city. we got home in the midst of the outage and saw all that happened on the news in the morning.

Saturday was a great day, even if you don’t spend lots of time in Central Park it’s a nice walk since it’s so big, and the Guggenheim was fun. We went after 5pm on a weekend which meant it was pay what you want rather than however expensive it normally is, so it only cost us $5 each for entry. 
Would recommend, although the queue for the museum was insane so either get there to queue for like an hour or get there much later. A fun day all in all.


My post for Sunday will be up next week, so make sure to follow my socials to keep updated!
twitter : @chwcblog
instagram: @chwcblog_

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Curly Cooks: Victoria Sponge

Since we're all stuck inside for lockdown, many people are currently baking to pass the time, including me! So, Curly Cooks is a series on the various items that I'm making while on lockdown, most of which will carry personal stories. Today's recipe is the simplest of simple British bakes: Victoria Sponge. Curly Cooks: Victoria Sponge Everyone knows and loves victoria sponge: it's a classic afternoon tea staple, and if you've never made it, now is the time! It's super easy and it's an instant crowd pleaser. Let's get into it. Jump to recipe First, gather your ingredients: In order: sugar, margarine, vanilla extract, baking powder, eggs, self-raising flour Measuring the ingredients is easy, if you don't know the exact amounts, or if you want to increase or decrease the quantity, then weigh the eggs, and use about the same weight of everything else. For example, my four eggs weighed around 235g: So minus the

Curly Cooks: Booboos

Since we're all stuck inside for lockdown, many people are currently baking to pass the time, including me! So, Curly Cooks is a series on the various items that I'm making while on lockdown, most of which will carry personal stories. Today's recipe is one I invented as a child: Booboos. Curly Cooks: Booboos Jump to recipe When I was younger, I used to enjoy watching my mum bake all manner of sweet treats for my brother and me. At maybe three years old, I decided to invent a recipe of my own, which ended up being named Booboos. Now as a three year old I obviously didn't understand the necessities and intricacies of baking, so I just wrote a bunch of random baking words that I knew and my mum interpreted it to create these biscuits. This is my original recipe card:  Shocking penmanship and spelling I know, and a flawless method. If you can't read my handwriting (unsurprising tbh), it says Resapy for Boo

Curly Hair, Been There: Disneyland Paris

Curly Hair, Been There is a segment that explore the different places in the world I have been, and my experiences there.  Disneyland Paris So, anyone that knows me, knows that I'm a huge Disney fan. Like, massive. I own all 55 of the movies  on DVD or Blu-ray, as well as all 20 Pixar films. I. Love. Disney. So, it should come as no surprise that I've been to Disneyland a lot of times. I went for my 21st birthday, and as a part of this amazing gift I also received an annual pass to the Paris parks and two nights in the Disneyland Hotel (you know, the one that overlooks the park). So, since then, I have been back to the park three times, the most recent of which I shared on my blog's story. So, this blog is an overview of that day, and includes some tips for getting the most out of your Disneyland Paris experience. First off, I should have gone earlier. With an annual pass you can experience Magic Hours anytime, even if you aren't staying in