Skip to main content

Curly Hair, What's in There? Frozen 2

Let’s talk about Disney! I saw Frozen 2 the other day and loved it so I want to discuss. Spoilers, obviously.

Curly Hair, What's in There? Frozen 2
Poster for the movie

Frozen 2 follows the events of the first movie with Elsa as queen of the happy kingdom of Arendelle, Anna and Kristoff content as ever and Olaf just being Olaf. It starts with a flashback to Anna and Elsa as children playing 'enchanted forest' with the ice powers, and their parents tell them a story about a real enchanted forest and the spirits of the four elements and their mother sings a lullaby which, when you think about it, foreshadows the whole movie. We then skip forward to present day where Elsa is hearing a voice calling her and although she doesn’t want change she’s drawn to it. So, when the kingdom starts to ruin she decides she needs to follow the voice and save the kingdom, by travelling to the enchanted forest. Here she discovers histories and secrets of Arendelle she’d never before known. I don’t wanna spoil it too much, but, it’s super cool.

The songs in this movie are great. Like obviously the original is a classic and it’s hard to beat Let It Go, but the songs are really good. I especially love Kristoff's song Lost In the Woods (covered in the credits by none other than Weezer) as it’s a crazy 80s power ballad and it’s so extra and so cheesy, with a great message as well so I love it so much. My other favourite is The Next Right Thing; it comes at such an emotional point of the movie and it hits so hard, plus Kristen Bell is the best.
Kristoff in the movie
The new characters are great too, not only do we get to know Anna and Elsa's mother better, we also meet the Northuldra, the indigenous group who live in the enchanted forest. These natives are based on the SĂ¡mi, an indigenous Scandinavian group with whom Disney actually worked closely in order to respectfully portray Scandinavian cultures and customs. These characters are great, plus one of them teaches Kristoff about a good proposal involving a lot of reindeer which is pretty funny.
The Northuldra
The twist of finding out the fifth spirit, I won’t lie, is pretty predictable (spoiler alert: it's Elsa) but it’s still a great moment as you’ve seen her interact with and tame the other four (air, earth, fire and water) but because of all that it is kind of predictable. plus the spirit of her mother singing to her on the island is like ohh yeah that’s basically everything she was singing about in the lullaby at the start.

In the end of course they save the forest and Arendelle and everything is happily ever after with Elsa staying in the forest and Anna as Queen of Arendelle. It’s a satisfying ending to an overall good film.
Also, the Northuldra woman who was advising Elsa before she went across the Dark Sea? Def her girlfriend and if she’s not i’ll be having words with Disney.
A still from the movie


Follow my socials to keep updated on further posts!
twitter : @chwcblog
instagram: @chwcblog_

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Curly Cooks: Victoria Sponge

Since we're all stuck inside for lockdown, many people are currently baking to pass the time, including me! So, Curly Cooks is a series on the various items that I'm making while on lockdown, most of which will carry personal stories. Today's recipe is the simplest of simple British bakes: Victoria Sponge. Curly Cooks: Victoria Sponge Everyone knows and loves victoria sponge: it's a classic afternoon tea staple, and if you've never made it, now is the time! It's super easy and it's an instant crowd pleaser. Let's get into it. Jump to recipe First, gather your ingredients: In order: sugar, margarine, vanilla extract, baking powder, eggs, self-raising flour Measuring the ingredients is easy, if you don't know the exact amounts, or if you want to increase or decrease the quantity, then weigh the eggs, and use about the same weight of everything else. For example, my four eggs weighed around 235g: So minus the

Curly Cooks: Booboos

Since we're all stuck inside for lockdown, many people are currently baking to pass the time, including me! So, Curly Cooks is a series on the various items that I'm making while on lockdown, most of which will carry personal stories. Today's recipe is one I invented as a child: Booboos. Curly Cooks: Booboos Jump to recipe When I was younger, I used to enjoy watching my mum bake all manner of sweet treats for my brother and me. At maybe three years old, I decided to invent a recipe of my own, which ended up being named Booboos. Now as a three year old I obviously didn't understand the necessities and intricacies of baking, so I just wrote a bunch of random baking words that I knew and my mum interpreted it to create these biscuits. This is my original recipe card:  Shocking penmanship and spelling I know, and a flawless method. If you can't read my handwriting (unsurprising tbh), it says Resapy for Boo

Curly Hair, Been There: Disneyland Paris

Curly Hair, Been There is a segment that explore the different places in the world I have been, and my experiences there.  Disneyland Paris So, anyone that knows me, knows that I'm a huge Disney fan. Like, massive. I own all 55 of the movies  on DVD or Blu-ray, as well as all 20 Pixar films. I. Love. Disney. So, it should come as no surprise that I've been to Disneyland a lot of times. I went for my 21st birthday, and as a part of this amazing gift I also received an annual pass to the Paris parks and two nights in the Disneyland Hotel (you know, the one that overlooks the park). So, since then, I have been back to the park three times, the most recent of which I shared on my blog's story. So, this blog is an overview of that day, and includes some tips for getting the most out of your Disneyland Paris experience. First off, I should have gone earlier. With an annual pass you can experience Magic Hours anytime, even if you aren't staying in