Skip to main content

Curly Cooks: Chocolate Brownies

Since we're all stuck inside for lockdown, many people are currently baking to pass the time, including me! So, Curly Cooks is a series on the various items that I'm making while on lockdown, most of which will carry personal stories. First up: Brownies!

Curly Cooks: Chocolate Brownies

The Final Product

If you know me, you know that I'm very proud of my brownie recipe, and if you've had them, you know it's for good reason: they're amazing. I've made them for my friends plenty of times, for birthdays or parties or just because I wanted to bake something. So, since I've not seen anyone in so long, the only way to share my brownies is to share the recipe. It's super easy and very sweet, which means it's always enjoyable. 


First you should preheat the oven to 180 C Fan. Next, you can get together your ingredients:
Clockwise starting from the top, you have sugar, cocoa powder, butter, flour, chocolate (milk and dark), eggs and baking powder.

To start off, put the 250g of margarine or unsalted butter and 200g of chocolate into a microwave safe bowl together. For the chocolate, you can use all dark cooking chocolate, or you can use half milk chocolate for a creamier final flavour. Once they're in the bowl, microwave the mixture in 30 second increments until it has melted together, but before it has the chance to burn - you may have to take it out when the butter is melted and the chocolate is softened, and mix it together to help the chocolate to melt into the butter without burning. This is how it should look:

Next, get another bowl and pour in all of the dry ingredients: 360g of caster sugar, 60g of cocoa powder, 85g of plain flour, and 1 teaspoon of baking powder. mix them all together, then add the four eggs and mix the ingredients into a cohesive batter:

The mixture will be fairly thick, don't worry as next you're going to add the butter and chocolate mixture. Pour it into the dry ingredients and mix it thoroughly until it's homogeneous. Prepare a tray with greaseproof paper and then pour in the mixture, spreading it flat with a spoon or spatula: 

Once you're satisfied with the eveness of the mix, put it in your preheated oven for 25 minutes, or until it's no longer uncooked batter in the middle. It should be fairly gooey, so be careful not to overcook it - if the edges are starting to burn, it's more than ready to be taken out. 

Let the cooked brownies cool in the tray before turning them out onto a chopping board to cut into pieces of your desired size. I like them big but you might want to cut them smaller if you're sharing with more people or if you want to feel like a giant.
Maybe slightly too big lol

Finally, you can take them off the tray and lay them out to present them nicely for eating.

Prep time: 10 mins            Cook time: 25 mins            Serves: 1-16

Ingredients:
360g caster sugar
250g margarine/unsalted butter
200g chocolate of choice
85g plain flour
60g cocoa powder
4 eggs
1tsp baking powder

Steps:
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. Melt butter and chocolate together.
3. Mix all dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
4. Add and mix in the eggs to the dry ingredients.
5. Pour melted mixture into other bowl.
6. Mix until cohesive.
7. Prepare a 20x25cm (approx.) tray with greaseproof paper.
8. Pour into the tray and cook in the preheated oven for 25 minutes.
9. Wait to cool and enjoy.


Follow my socials to keep updated on further posts and to see Curly Cooks videos!
twitter: @chwcblog
instagram: @chwcblog_

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Curly Cooks: Victoria Sponge

Since we're all stuck inside for lockdown, many people are currently baking to pass the time, including me! So, Curly Cooks is a series on the various items that I'm making while on lockdown, most of which will carry personal stories. Today's recipe is the simplest of simple British bakes: Victoria Sponge. Curly Cooks: Victoria Sponge Everyone knows and loves victoria sponge: it's a classic afternoon tea staple, and if you've never made it, now is the time! It's super easy and it's an instant crowd pleaser. Let's get into it. Jump to recipe First, gather your ingredients: In order: sugar, margarine, vanilla extract, baking powder, eggs, self-raising flour Measuring the ingredients is easy, if you don't know the exact amounts, or if you want to increase or decrease the quantity, then weigh the eggs, and use about the same weight of everything else. For example, my four eggs weighed around 235g: So minus the

Curly Cooks: Booboos

Since we're all stuck inside for lockdown, many people are currently baking to pass the time, including me! So, Curly Cooks is a series on the various items that I'm making while on lockdown, most of which will carry personal stories. Today's recipe is one I invented as a child: Booboos. Curly Cooks: Booboos Jump to recipe When I was younger, I used to enjoy watching my mum bake all manner of sweet treats for my brother and me. At maybe three years old, I decided to invent a recipe of my own, which ended up being named Booboos. Now as a three year old I obviously didn't understand the necessities and intricacies of baking, so I just wrote a bunch of random baking words that I knew and my mum interpreted it to create these biscuits. This is my original recipe card:  Shocking penmanship and spelling I know, and a flawless method. If you can't read my handwriting (unsurprising tbh), it says Resapy for Boo

Curly Hair, Been There: Disneyland Paris

Curly Hair, Been There is a segment that explore the different places in the world I have been, and my experiences there.  Disneyland Paris So, anyone that knows me, knows that I'm a huge Disney fan. Like, massive. I own all 55 of the movies  on DVD or Blu-ray, as well as all 20 Pixar films. I. Love. Disney. So, it should come as no surprise that I've been to Disneyland a lot of times. I went for my 21st birthday, and as a part of this amazing gift I also received an annual pass to the Paris parks and two nights in the Disneyland Hotel (you know, the one that overlooks the park). So, since then, I have been back to the park three times, the most recent of which I shared on my blog's story. So, this blog is an overview of that day, and includes some tips for getting the most out of your Disneyland Paris experience. First off, I should have gone earlier. With an annual pass you can experience Magic Hours anytime, even if you aren't staying in