Skip to main content

Curly Cooks: Honey Biscuits

Since we're all stuck inside for lockdown, many people are currently baking to pass the time, including me! So, Curly Cooks is a series on the various items that I'm making while on lockdown, most of which will carry personal stories. Today's recipe is a childhood favourite in my family: Honey Biscuits.

Curly Cooks: Honey Biscuits


When I was young, my mum (I'm assuming) made up this recipe for biscuits with cinnamon and honey and they've always been a family favourite. They're soft, cakey, delicious biscuits and everyone will love them. 

To start off, mix up your caster sugar and butter together. Once cohesive, add the honey and the egg:


Then all of the dry ingredients (self raising flour and cinnamon):


Until you have a thick batter that looks like this:


Grab a teaspoon-ful of dough and roll it into a bowl like so: 


Roll it in a mixture of cinnamon and sugar until coated:


Then place the balls on a baking tray. Do try to make them a bit more evenly shaped than I did, so they cook more evenly and don't look all different sizes!


Cook them in the preheated oven for 15 minutes, and leave to cool (or they'll get stuck to the tray). 


And that's it! I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!

Honey Biscuits

Prep time: 10 minutes             Cook time: 15 minutes            Makes: 30 biscuits

Ingredients
120g butter
120g sugar (plus extra for dusting)
1tbsp honey
1 egg yolk
1tsp cinnamon (plus extra for dusting)
180g self-raising flour

Steps
1. Preheat the oven to 180C and prepare a baking tray.
2. Beat together the butter and sugar until they form a creamy mixture.
3. Beat in the honey, and then the egg yolk.
4. Add in the cinnamon and flour and mix together to form a soft dough.
5. Mix a dash of cinnamon with a sprinkle of sugar in a bowl.
6. Shape a tsp of the mixture into a ball and roll it in the sugar and cinnamon mix.
7. Place the ball on the baking tray.
8. Bake for 12-15 minutes.
9. Enjoy!


Follow my socials to keep updated on further posts and to see Curly Cooks videos!     
twitter: @chwcblog
instagram: @chwcblog_

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Curly Cooks: Victoria Sponge

Since we're all stuck inside for lockdown, many people are currently baking to pass the time, including me! So, Curly Cooks is a series on the various items that I'm making while on lockdown, most of which will carry personal stories. Today's recipe is the simplest of simple British bakes: Victoria Sponge. Curly Cooks: Victoria Sponge Everyone knows and loves victoria sponge: it's a classic afternoon tea staple, and if you've never made it, now is the time! It's super easy and it's an instant crowd pleaser. Let's get into it. Jump to recipe First, gather your ingredients: In order: sugar, margarine, vanilla extract, baking powder, eggs, self-raising flour Measuring the ingredients is easy, if you don't know the exact amounts, or if you want to increase or decrease the quantity, then weigh the eggs, and use about the same weight of everything else. For example, my four eggs weighed around 235g: So minus the

Curly Cooks: Booboos

Since we're all stuck inside for lockdown, many people are currently baking to pass the time, including me! So, Curly Cooks is a series on the various items that I'm making while on lockdown, most of which will carry personal stories. Today's recipe is one I invented as a child: Booboos. Curly Cooks: Booboos Jump to recipe When I was younger, I used to enjoy watching my mum bake all manner of sweet treats for my brother and me. At maybe three years old, I decided to invent a recipe of my own, which ended up being named Booboos. Now as a three year old I obviously didn't understand the necessities and intricacies of baking, so I just wrote a bunch of random baking words that I knew and my mum interpreted it to create these biscuits. This is my original recipe card:  Shocking penmanship and spelling I know, and a flawless method. If you can't read my handwriting (unsurprising tbh), it says Resapy for Boo

Curly Hair, Been There: Disneyland Paris

Curly Hair, Been There is a segment that explore the different places in the world I have been, and my experiences there.  Disneyland Paris So, anyone that knows me, knows that I'm a huge Disney fan. Like, massive. I own all 55 of the movies  on DVD or Blu-ray, as well as all 20 Pixar films. I. Love. Disney. So, it should come as no surprise that I've been to Disneyland a lot of times. I went for my 21st birthday, and as a part of this amazing gift I also received an annual pass to the Paris parks and two nights in the Disneyland Hotel (you know, the one that overlooks the park). So, since then, I have been back to the park three times, the most recent of which I shared on my blog's story. So, this blog is an overview of that day, and includes some tips for getting the most out of your Disneyland Paris experience. First off, I should have gone earlier. With an annual pass you can experience Magic Hours anytime, even if you aren't staying in